What’s out there?
These links have great information about the drugs you may see.
High Alert is New Zealand’s early warning system for dangerous drugs. Subscribe to their alerts and notifications, read informative articles, and report unusual effects. You can also follow them on Facebook and Instagram.
KnowYourStuffNZ provide drug checking services. They also have a pill library where you can see photographs and information about pills that they tested. You can also follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Level is a straight up guide for people who use drugs. You can find information about drugs, how to be safer when using, and how to support someone. You can also follow The Level on Facebook and Instagram.
It’s been a rough year, and we’re thinking that we may see people looking to let off steam and possibly take more risks than they usually would.
We are working with event organisers, High Alert, and KnowYourStuffNZ to keep an eye on the situation, and will keep this page updated with suggestions for content that you can share at your event to prevent and reduce problems from drugs.
At this stage, we think we may see the following drugs at events this summer:
- MDMA – and some pills that contain large amounts of MDMA in one pill.
- Substances that might be sold as MDMA, but are something else:
- Eutylone and other synthetic cathinones (e.g. 3-MMC/metaphedrone, 4-MMC/mephedrone).
- Caffeine pills
- 2C drugs (these are sometimes also sold as amphetamine).
- PMA or PMMA
- Substances that might be sold as LSD, but are something else: