Privacy & Cookies
This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to all websites owned and operated by the New Zealand Drug Foundation. By using any of our websites you agree to this Policy. Our websites include:
Any personal information you enter on a New Zealand Drug Foundation website may be used by the Drug Foundation or any person or organisation acting as its representative (e.g. a web contractor) for the purpose stated. Every effort is made to ensure personal or identifiable information is kept secure. Personal information like names and contract details will not be supplied to third parties nor used for any purpose you did not authorise. But from time-to-time we may contact you to, for example, share information about the work of the Drug Foundation or to update your contact information.
When you submit information on our websites such as an image, profile information, comment, post, application or submission it becomes publicly available unless otherwise stated. Consider not sharing personally identifiable information if it could be seen by others you did not intend.
- to operate our websites efficiently with a high level of functionality
- to measure the effectiveness of our digital campaigns
- to learn about user preferences so that we can present more relevant content
- to measure referrals from other websites
- to produce data on web traffic and user behaviour on our websites
- to keep you logged in if you requested this
- to remember content you may have entered but not yet submitted.
Several kinds of cookies are used on our websites:
- Session cookies help you by remembering text entered and selections made but which are not yet submitted to give you a better experience. Session cookies are deleted automatically when you leave the website or close your browser.
- Persistent cookies help us identify when you return to our website and allow us to remember some of your preferences or settings. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer or device and are not removed when the browser is closed. But these cookies, as with all cookies, can be cleared from your browser settings if you want to remove them.
- Performance cookies help us obtain statistics about the number of visitors to our websites and how our visitors use our websites (e.g. which pages are most popular). This information is aggregated and it cannot be used to identify you. Such information allows us to continuously improve our websites.
- Functionality cookies support the functionality or features of our websites and make them easier to use. The information collected by these cookies often helps you save time.
We do not recognise Do Not Track signals
Some web browsers offer Do Not Track settings which can provide a signal about a preference regarding tracking technologies. Our websites do not recognise these. If you would like to block some or all of the cookies on our websites, adjust the cookie settings in your internet browser.
We use tracking technologies which could determine ads seen on other sites
We work with third parties that use online tracking technologies on our websites to provide tailored marketing messages on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications, and use this information to determine which ads you see on third party websites and applications.
How to control cookies on your device
You can clear and block cookies from our websites. Do this in your browser settings on each of your devices. Go to your browser's Help resources for more information about how to do this. If you choose to block cookies, parts of our websites may not function correctly, if at all. Also, you may not be able to complete certain online transactions or processes that would normally be available to you. For independent information about managing cookies and browser settings, visit aboutcookies.org, visit external website or youronlinechoices.eu, visit external website.
Changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy
We may update this Policy without notice. You should review this Policy from time to time to make sure you understand it.
This Policy was last updated 08/01/2019.